India fast bowler Abhimanyu Mithun retires from first-class cricket: Representing my country biggest achievement

31-year-old Abhimanyu Mithun had played 4 Tests and 5 ODis between 2010 and 2011 for India. The Karnataka pacer has decided to call time on his first-class career. Abhimanyu Mithun played 4 Tests and 5 ODIs for India (PTI Photo)HIGHLIGHTS31-year-old Abhimanyu Mithun has called time on first-class careerMithun played 4 Tests and 5 ODIs for India between 2010 and 2011Mithun has picked up more than 500 wickets for Karnataka in domestic cricketIndia fast bowler Abhimanyu Mithun on Thursday announced retirement from first-class cricket, saying he wishes to pursue other avenues in his career. Mithun, who made his India debut in 2010, played 4 Tests and 5 ODIs while picking up 12 wickets at the international level. The Karnataka fast bowler last played for India in December 2011.

Abhimanyu Mithun, who had been a workhorse for Karnataka in domestic cricket, played 103 first-class matches, 96 List A games and 74 T20s, picking up more than 500 wickets in 13-year-long career.Abhimanyu Mithun, 31, took to social media to make his announcement, saying representing India has been his biggest achievement.”After serious thought and contemplation, I, Abhimanyu Mithun have decided to retire from first-class cricket in order to pursue other avenues in my career.”I have represented my country at the highest level and will always be my highest achievement. The joy and the pride from it is something I’ll cherish throughout my career,” he said in a statement.Thank you for all your love and support through my highs and lows pic.twitter.com/VDovQQ6UfC— Mithun Abhimanyu (@imAmithun_264) October 7, 2021
“I would like to thank the BCCI for the massive role they have played throughout my cricketing journey. Their support has been invaluable. My cricketing journey would not have even started if it wasn’t for Karnakata State Cricket Association.”They identified me, shaped me as a player and supported me through highs and lows.”Cricket is a universal game and I believe in finishing at the highest level. So I had to take this decision and seek better opportunities for myself and my family around the world. I am also clear that Karnataka has abundant fast bowling of talent and they would miss out opportunities at the right time if I prolong my career.”Mithun also represented as many as 3 franchises in the Indian Premier League. He played 16 matches from 2009 to 2013 across three different teams – Royal Challengers Bangalore, Mumbai Indians and Sunrisers Hyderabad.Click here for our site’s complete coverage of the coronavirus pandemic.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 10 Satta King Information - Comprehending the Dark Fact of Illegal Gaming

Just How To Play Satta King Online

WhatsApp to reward users with Rs 51 cashback for using payments feature